Wedding Events Team Member - Keuka Lake, 9301 County Route 76, Hammondsport, NY
Heron Hill Winery on Keuka Lake is looking for an individual interested in working part-time in a fast moving, fun atmosphere. Individuals will be responsible for the setup, planning and service of weddings, receptions and other booked events at Heron Hill. Successful applicants will be able to perform the following: execute the design layout of table and chairs, bar, dance floor and stage for weddings and special events; ensure the event space is clean & well-maintained; interact with caterers, creative vendors, and personnel providers in the execution of the special event plan; occasionally interact with customers & guests during weddings and/or receptions and other related events. The job does require heavy lifting (40 lbs) and long periods of time standing. Individuals should be proactive developers and implementers of plans, be able to relate effectively with peers, and feel comfortable interacting spontaneously with guests. Position runs from Mid-May until Early-October, weekends and late nights are a must.
***Please apply within at our Keuka Lake Winery location or e-mail. No calls, please.
Contact: Jessie Gorcica, Wedding and Events Coordinator at Heron Hill – Events@heronhill.com
Weddings Assistant/Intern - Keuka Lake, 9301 County Route 76, Hammondsport, NY
Heron Hill Winery on Keuka Lake is a premier wedding destination in the Finger Lakes. We are looking for an individual looking to gain experience in the events and hospitality field working part-time in a fast moving, fun atmosphere. Individuals will be responsible assisting the Wedding Coordinator with the planning and service of weddings, receptions and other booked events at Heron Hill.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assist the Wedding Coordinator where needed
• Take direction from the Wedding Coordinator and proactively implement plans or resolve conflicts that may arise
• Help execute couple’s wedding timeline
• Planning of layout design of tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, table numbers.
• Event design, including setting up escort cards/seating assignment, event signage and décor, guestbook, pictures, favors, etc.
• Interact with caterers, creative vendors, and personnel providers in the execution of the special event plan
• Provide excellent customer service and useful information for guests
• Occasionally interact with customers & guests during weddings and/or receptions and other related events
• Punctual, professional, detail-oriented team player
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be working towards a college degree or be a recent college graduate. We prefer the following majors: Hospitality Management, Event Management, and Tourism. Certifications or classes in wedding planning a plus. Customer Service experience is preferred. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift heavy items (up to 40 lbs.).
A passion for weddings, customer-oriented, friendly, professional! Organizational skills a must.
Position runs from Mid-May until Early-October, weekends and late nights are a must.
Pay based on experience. Potential earnings on shared gratuity.
Please e-mail letter of interest and resume to Jessie Gorcica at email@example.com