September 1, 2015 - still accepting applications
Heron Hill Winery, a prominent Finger Lakes winery founded in 1977, is seeking an experienced cool climate winemaker to be a part of our winemaking team. Our team of two winemakers will work hands-on to oversee all aspects of our top-quality wine production focusing on Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc and premium dessert wine.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working toward continuous improvement of winemaking processes and procedures with a commitment to quality.
- Initiation and completion of cellar tasks for all aspects of vinification.
- Participate in short- and long-term planning for various aspects of the business with an interest in product innovation and efficiency improvement, working alongside other members of the winemaking team, COO, CFO, and family owners.
- Initiate and implement production processes for all aspects, from grapes through blending, as well as facility maintenance.
- Collaboration and ongoing communication with the Vineyard Manager, focusing on nature-friendly, sustainable viticulture techniques and planning.
- Assist in managing the bottling schedule, trouble-shooting and staffing the bottling line.
- Assist in managing part-time and seasonal production staff.
- Experience running lab analysis and knowledge of interpreting lab results.
- Project supply needs and coordinate with vendors and suppliers.
- Participate in public events and media visits with a strong desire to promote the winery as well as the Finger Lakes region, working closely with the Marketing/PR manager.
- Passion for sharing and gaining new knowledge about the wine industry.
Ideal candidates will posses:
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous winemaking experience, with experience in a cool climate region.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Degree in enology, viticulture, chemistry, or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with skilled use of Excel and other Office software.
- Passion for sharing information and working in a collaborative environment.
An excellent opportunity to be part of an established award-winning winery overlooking beautiful Keuka Lake in the world-class Finger Lakes region of New York.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 12, 2015
Heron Hill Winery in Hammondsport, NY
June 1, 2016
Part-time Tasting Room ASsistant
Please apply in-person
Tasting Room on Seneca in Himrod, NY